Posted 2 Feb 2024, 1:00 pm
Business Intelligence Software Engineer at Ascend Analytics
Business Intelligence Software Engineer, Boulder, Colorado or Remote for well qualified candidates
Your Impact at Ascend Analytics
As a Business Intelligence Software Engineer at Ascend Analytics, you will be part of a collaborative team advancing software solutions and analytics to support the clean-tech power revolution. Your strong software engineering skills will support mission critical decision analytics for renewable and battery storage power providers around the globe. If you want to help shape a new future of a cleaner, most cost-effective energy supply and work for an industry-leading software company with dedicated and talented people passionate about our future, this could be a great fit. Ascend is a fast growing and profitable company with opportunity for advancement.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative “climate tech” software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid to renewables. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies over the next hour, to hedging and budgeting decisions over the next five years, to long-term investment and resource planning decisions over the next thirty years.
For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com
- Design and write clean, scalable, production code with a majority focus on OLAP systems
- Refactor code for improved performance, stability, and scalability
- Implement systems for collecting, storing, and working with data at scale
- Work with our team of developers, analysts and data scientists
- Communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing) with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Contribute to scoping and design discussions
- This position involves working collaboratively both within your software team and outside with the front-end software engineers, data scientists, and technical sales team. The software development team follows an agile scrum process, and all team members are expected to contribute to technical design reviews, implementation strategies, operational system support, and sprint planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or another technical field
- 3+ years development experience relevant to Business Intelligence
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Complex SQL Language, MDX Language, and XMLA
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse/Solution Design and Dimensional Modeling
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence best practices, experience with Data Warehousing and OLAP databases, and defining, developing, and delivering data and analysis
- Proficiency in OOP
- Experience in Visual Studios Data Tools
- Foundation in both Relational and Multidimensional Databases
- Strong background in programming related to applied mathematical, engineering, and physical sciences
- Performance computing, including distributed and parallel computing technologies
- Oracle and PL/SQL
- Power BI experience
- Ability to communicate with impact and confidence, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and work ethic
- Knowledge of wholesale electricity markets; passion for renewables and storage
- Experience with code review, architecture, development, and promotion processes
Compensation $100,000 - $150,000
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average.
We offer flexible work hours in a relaxed environment with opportunities for advancement and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, parental leave, dependent care spending account, and a 401k plan.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Ascend Analytics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Ascend Analytics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
Please mention the word **CONGRATULATORY** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok