Posted 2 Feb 2024, 1:00 pm
Web Backend Engineer at Canvas
Location: While this position is fully remote, we are currently only considering candidates based in Portugal or Romania.
We are looking for a Web Backend Engineer to help us build the backend infrastructure for our products and internal tools. Reporting to the Web Lead, this role will involve a healthy mix of feature development and devops, so it is ideal for someone who likes variety in the type of projects they work on. The role assumes active collaboration with our iOS, Computer Vision, Infrastructure, Data and Ops teams.
- Join ourWeb Backend team in building our product, as well as the tools that power our business and operations.
- Build products and tools that directly help thousands of architecture, design, and renovation companies save time and grow their business with 3D capture, and will help our team serve them better.
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of a distributed processing backend that processes a high volume of 3D scans per day.
- Develop tools that empower our internal operations team to efficiently manage scan data.
- Own your projects and use this autonomy to find creative and innovative ways of solving problems and delivering solutions.
- You have had at least 3 years in a similar role, with a track record of solving real customer problems and building systems at high self-sufficiency level.
- You have a strong background in Python, Django, and Django Rest Framework. You have built scalable services and APIs.
- Solid experience with Celery, PyTest, PostgreSQL
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, crucial for our high-communication team, where sharing progress, proactively raising blockers, and articulating concerns and being solution oriented are integral.
- Ability to document your work clearly and concisely with text and visual diagrams.
- You seek opportunities to modernize and refactor monolith components to improve maintainability and performance.
Qualifications that will make you stand out:
- You love sharing your experience and learnings through technical documents, proposals, or presentations.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI.
- Experience with major cloud platforms like (AWS, Google Cloud etc.).
- You were a scrum master, or you’ve had team leading, management experience
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance, meals and relocation benefits
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan (or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Canvas.
Please mention the word **BREATHTAKING** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok