Posted 2 Feb 2024, 6:11 pm
Senior Smart Contract Engineer at Across
Risk Labs is the foundation and core team behind UMA, and some top tier products built with it such as oSnap, Oval, and the Across protocol . The Risk Labs team, operates as one cohesive (amazing!) culture, but focuses on two core protocols, UMA and Across. UMA and Across are decentralized protocols governed by community members across the globe in DAOs, and are supported by Risk Labs Foundation. UMA's optimistic oracle (OO) can record any verifiable truth or data onto a blockchain. Across is leading the future of interoperability with its frontier intents based architecture.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Senior Smart Contract Engineer to join the UMA protocol team. You, alongside top tier talent, would be working on the core Optimistic Oracle (OO) as well as industry leaders such as oSnap and Oval. As a team, we’re excited to expand UMA’s protocol beyond the truth machine that it is today, and push the boundaries of DeFi in a meaningful way. Oracles, MEV, OEV, governance, optimistic solutions are all heavily baked into your day to day work.
- Protocol Architecture: Research and develop protocol upgrades and new financial concepts.
- Smart Contracts: Implement designs with a focus on security, simplicity, ease of use, and gas-efficiency.
- Code Review and Mentorship: Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. In depth reviews of others’ contributions is expected with a focus on helping others grow their technical expertise.
- Bots: write off-chain code to interact with and manage smart contracts. Bot systems should have a high degree of correctness, efficiency, and antifragility.
Language experience is not as important as your demonstrated ability to learn quickly but our language stack is simply: Typescript, Solidity, GCP
- 4+ years full-time experience in Software Engineering in a software, financial services, or related organization
- 2+ years of experience with blockchain based projects (hackathons and personal projects too)
- Experience with databases, networking, and data pipelines is strongly preferred
- Outstanding critical thinking skills; low ego, high curiosity and comfort in being wrong
- Love for great software; desire to understand the why and the how of everything you work on
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and clean code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and decentralized finance
- Growth mindset; a desire to learn from and mentor those around you
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, especially written
Please mention the word **SMILING** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok