Posted 2 Feb 2024, 9:00 pm
Legal Counsel at Telnyx
As Counsel for Telnyx, you will work together with the rest of the legal team and management to assist with Telnyx’s global legal operations, as well as facilitate processes across many squads within Telnyx: growth, vendor relations, recruiting, regulatory, among others, and work efficiently to put Telnyx in the best possible position for the future.
Telnyx has operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Accordingly, there is a significant international component to this role. You will have a substantial voice in shaping the future of legal at a fast-paced high-growth technology company, and you will have extensive opportunities to grow the depth and breadth of your skills. A strong fundamental understanding of commercial contracts and talent at drafting and other writing are essential for this role.
In This Role You Will
- Respond to contract requests and needs from within the organization, including a particular focus on vendor agreements, and with the interops/vendor relations team as “client”, manage and respond to such vendor contract requests and lead such vendor contracts to closing.
- With the growth team as “client”, manage and respond to customer contract requests and lead customer contracts to closing.
- With the internal requesting party as “client”, manage and respond to outgoing and incoming NDA negotiation requests.
- With management as “client”, negotiate and document commercial leases, architect/contractor agreements and development agreements for the company’s offices globally together with jurisdictionally-specific outside counsel where appropriate.
- With management as “client”, negotiate and document business life-cycle contracts such as equity and debt financing documents.
- Collaborative field ad-hoc commercial contract requests to ensure prompt and efficient unblocking of commercial efforts.
- Develop and improve legal processes (including managing third-party subpoena responses) as well as create and update company form agreements.
- Research and apply law that applies to the ever-changing business and create documentation and processes to support compliance (e.g. retention policies, security, privacy).
- Maintain, enhance, and when appropriate, replace, legal software tooling.
- Effectively and professionally source and manage outside counsel and interact extensively with third parties.
- Telnyx frequently has occasion to source and manage outside counsel, both domestically and abroad. In-house counsel will need to regularly perform RFPs among existing and novel outside service providers to ensure quality outside counsel.
- In-house counsel will interface with Telnyx lenders and investors and should be prepared to interact as the face and/or voice of the company while maintaining company confidentiality.
- Telnyx is a next-generation international communications service provider. A willingness to dig-in on the regulatory side and think critically and creatively about how to ensure we are compliant while simultaneously nimble is essential to continuing to scale. In-house counsel will partner with the General Counsel and management to craft and support these efforts.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- 0-3 years of experience as an attorney (transactional preferred)
- Hold a juris doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Hold a state bar license from a state in the United States
Please mention the word **RICHNESS** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok