Posted 1 Feb 2024, 10:00 am
Senior Engineering Manager at Contentful
About the opportunity
Contentful is a modern content platform for businesses. Our mission is to enable digital teams across the world to quickly build the best digital experiences imaginable. We are only scratching the surface of our full potential and we have an impressive amount of work ahead of us. This means you have an incredible opportunity to join us on this journey and do meaningful, challenging work whilst growing your career.
You will be leading two of our Content Platform teams responsible for content storage and content delivery. The teams own our CDA and GraphQL APIs as well as the performance of our content storage. You would lead the teams in their current and upcoming projects like search and cross space content delivery.
If you enjoy working on a broad range of complex and impactful Software Engineering problems for a rapidly growing customer base, this will be a great opportunity for your career.
What to expect?
- Lead a large team of software engineers to efficiently solve business problems with high-quality software.
- Obsess about software delivery, enabling your team to continuously deliver value to our customers
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and process
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Work closely with the Contentful recruiting team to hire high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds across the world
What you need to be successful?
- You already have experience leading and managing a team of software engineers
- You come with an in-depth, proven software engineering background that allows you to quickly establish credibility with brilliant engineers
- Bonus if you have worked on and are passionate about Engineering productivity topics.
- You are enthusiastic about continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- You care deeply about teaching and mentoring other engineers and managers
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Please mention the word **NEATLY** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok