Posted 1 Feb 2024, 11:00 am
PHP Laravel Developer at Founders Factory Africa
At Pullus Africa, we’re building human-focused agriculture solutions that improve efficiency and performance.
We are looking for a motivated PHP / Laravel developer to help us build our web app. You will design and develop the backend for the projects utilizing the Laravel framework and PHP in this job. You will collaborate with the team to create high-quality online apps, services, and tools for our company. You will also be responsible for developing and managing databases and performing backend and UI testing on apps to enhance speed as well as manage the overall architecture.\n
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Knowledge of database design and querying using MySQL, SOLID principles and REST API design
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, mathematics, or comparable experience.
- Solid experience working with PHP, the most recent Laravel version, and SOLID Principle, as well as other web frameworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in API service management (REST and SOAP), OOP (Object-oriented Programming), and MVC
- Proven familiarity with unit testing technologies such as PHPSpec, PHPUnit, and Behat
- Solid working understanding of database architecture and query optimization (MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB and DynamoDB)
- Working knowledge of server technologies (Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM) and cloud servers (Azure, AWS, Linode, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, etc.)
- Superior communication and problem-solving abilities
Working on a Founders Factory venture provides a rare opportunity for you to team up with world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators in building and launching a successful tech start-up. This role offers the freedom and excitement of working in a nippy early-stage start-up coupled with a large organisation's financial stability and resource access.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to lead a game-changing start-up with global growth aspirations and to help shape the future of Africa's start-up ecosystem.
Please mention the word **INTELLIGENCE** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok