Posted 1 Feb 2024, 6:11 pm
INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER at Coin Metrics
Coin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Coin Metrics is recruiting a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to support network nodes, market data collection, analytics factories, and data delivery operations. They will work with the infrastructure team to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
- Maintain blockchain nodes and monitor key areas such as network synchronization, connected peers, node configurations, and supporting infrastructure.
- Maintain persistent data stores by administering Postgres databases and Kafka streaming servers, especially with management of disk space, resiliency and backups.
- Investigate alerts, reported issues, or engineer requests and respond promptly.
- Plan and create Linux infrastructure on Bare-metal using Terraform and Ansible and vendor management tools.
- Plan and create Kubernetes clusters and containers using Ansible and Helm.
- Plan hybrid cloud architecture on AWS, GCP and Bare-metal using Terraform and Ansible.
- Administer network capabilities including CDN, DNS, proxies and web servers.
- Design and support CI/CD pipelines using Bash, Python, Docker and other languages/tools.
- Monitor infrastructure using tools like DataDog, Splunk, Prometheus and/or Grafana.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of direct experience in infrastructure, DevOps or back-end engineering roles with Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and interruptions while communicating status and documenting activities appropriately. Correctly track details across multiple environments.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and containerization software toolkits (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Helm, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience configuring, running and maintaining full nodes of various networks, preferably in containers. Bonus points for bootstrapping node operations for enterprise clients and/or applications.
- Experience with block file systems and database storage administration (Ext4, ZFS, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle). Bonus points for familiarity with file-based and object-based storage solutions.
- Relevant work, or interest, in Infosec and DevSecOps. Specifically network theory fields, such as topology analysis. Bonus points for experience responding to audits and certifications.
- Experience with scaling and migrating systems in a rapidly evolving environment that allows for little or no downtime, including a good understanding of incident management processes.
- Bonus points if you’ve managed at least one cloud infrastructure provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
LIFE AT COIN METRICS
Coin Metrics is a fun and fast-paced team with employees located across the globe. We are united by our OPEN (Open, Pioneering, Elucidating, and Neutral) core values. Our employees are empowered to do what’s best for our products, customers, and team members. Other benefits of working at Coin Metrics include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan or pension depending on location, bonus and options plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision (dependent on location)
- Remote or hybrid work options
- Paid time off
Coin Metrics is an employer committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coin Metrics participates in the E-Verify program where applicable, as required by law.
Coin Metrics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please mention the word **PERSEVERE** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok