Posted 31 Jan 2024, 11:00 am
Staff Database Engineer at Nearsure
What is it like to work at Nearsure?
A remote team never felt so close 🌐 Join our LATAM team and stay connected while working remotely. We value our team members and candidates interested in our vacancies. Enjoy fun activities like coffee breaks, tech talks, and games with our developers and management teams during your stay with us.
Who needs micromanagement? 🍃For us, communication is key, so we focus on working autonomously, with honesty, and respecting diversity. Micromanagement is not part of our corporate values.
Worklife Balance ⚖️Your well-being is our priority with our People Care team, available from day one to offer support and help with anything from needing someone to talk to, requesting time off or a holiday, or using any of our offered benefits.
Additionally, our Accounts Management team ensures a smooth and effective stay with our clients, fostering a harmonious relationship with both the client and the project.
Here you’ll get:
- USD 💲 Salary compensation.
- 100% remote work 🏢 but if you feel like connecting with people you can visit coworking spaces all over LATAM allowing you to expand your professional network.
- Paid time off according to your country’s law without affecting your monthly salary to ensure that you have plenty of time to rest and recharge.
- Your country’s national holidays 🌴 allow you to celebrate important events and traditions with your loved ones.
- Sick or medical leave 😷 when needed so that you can take a day off to take care of your health, and have wellbeing without worrying about work.
- Refundable annual credit 💸 for you to spend on your favorite perks.
- Teambuilding activities 🤜🤛 such as coffee breaks, tech talks, and after-work gatherings with your Nearsure colleagues, to feel close to our community.
- A day off during your birthday week 🥳🎂 to enjoy with your family and friends, ensuring that you have a chance to make memories on your special day.
About the project:
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Principal Database Engineer to join our team and build a new Database Engineering (DE) practice. The ideal candidate will have the crucial role of building and managing a small team DE practice that is responsible for the company’s revenue generating databases.
This position resides in the CTO organization (not business IT) and is a key advising/operating partner to its cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will have both and Database Engineering/Administration (DBE/A) experience using relational and non-relational DB solutions (SQL & NoSQL) as well as leadership acumen.
You will be able to:
- Lead, hire, and mentor a team of 3 database engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment and ensuring they are setup for success.
- Provide guidance, training, and professional development opportunities to team members
- Taking a hands-on role within the team to specify, design, implement and deliver technical solutions.
- Own all database functions and engineering on the revenue technology side of the organization including being accountable for the associated spend (FinOps practices) and forecasted capacity needs
Database Architecture and Design:
- Providing thought leadership for how components and services are developed, tested and progressed.
- Collaborate with the team to design and implement scalable and efficient database architectures.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of data models, schemas, and structures.
- Document all relevant processes related to database design, configuration, and performance
- Lead monitoring and supporting database systems (IaaS / PaaS) to ensure optimized performance and automation wherever possible.
- Perform debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts
- Promote and adhere to best practices in securely operating, storing, backing up, and archiving data. This includes the governance, quality and strategy of standards within the team
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of database systems, including backups, restores, and disaster recovery planning.
- Ensure the team follows best practices for routine maintenance tasks and database security.
- Assisting architects and development teams by designing new databases(or changing existing ones) to meet the organization's application and data storage needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the CTO organization: Compliance, Security, Cloud Operations and Engineering.
- Lead database-related projects from initiation to completion, ensuring milestones are met and projects align with organizational goals.
- Develop project plans, allocate resources, and manage timelines effectively.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation in database engineering.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry best practices to enhance the team's capabilities
What will help you succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 6+ Years of experience as a DBA, Database Engineer, or simila.
- 6+ Years of experience working with SQL.
- 4+ Years of experience working with CI/CD.
- 4+ Years of experience working with NonSQL Databases.
- 3+ Years of experience working as a Team leader or prior people-leader.
- 3+ Years of experience working with Public cloud PaaS technologies on AWS or Azure.
- Advanced English Level is required for this role as you will work with US clients. Effective communication in English is essential to deliver the best solutions to our clients and expand your horizons.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- We'd love to discuss your experience in an interview with our recruiters.
- If all goes well, we'll arrange a technical interview with our top developers to evaluate your skills.
- If you advance to the next stage, you'll have a chance to meet our client and potentially become a part of our amazing team!
Would you like to work alongside top Latin American talent?
Work remotely from Latin America for US clients with Nearsure, a staff augmentation company that values people and culture. Gain cross-cultural expertise and improve your English skills with daily communication in English.
We're excited to have you on board and can't wait to learn more about you.
Please mention the word **IRRESISTIBLE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok