Posted 31 Jan 2024, 11:00 am
Big Data Engineer at Blue Coding
Do you want to earn a salary in USD?
Would you like to work from wherever you want?
Would you like to be a part of the leading next-gen software developers?
Hi, you finally found us!
Why work at Blue Coding?
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring excellent developers and amazing people from all over Latin America and other parts of the world. For the past 9 years, we’ve helped cutting-edge companies in the United States and Canada -both large and small, build great development teams and develop great products. Online shops, digital agencies, SaaS providers, and software consulting firms are a few of our clients. Our team of over 100 engineers is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. We are a fully remote company working with a wide array of technologies and have expertise in every stage of the software development process.
Our team is highly connected, united, and culturally diverse, and our collaborators are involved in many initiatives around the world, from wildlife preservation to volunteering at local charities. We also participate in group activities like movie nights, trivia, and meme competitions. We stand for honesty, fairness, respect, efficiency, hard work, and cooperation.
What are we looking for?
In this opportunity, we are looking for a Big Data Engineer to work with one of our foreign clients, who are providing work with diverse clients in different industries including, Health, Legal, and Automotive.
If you are independent, a great communicator, a problem solver, and have strong attention to detail, this is a great fit for you! Our jobs are fully remote – as long as you have the skills and can get the work done well, you can work anywhere in the listed countries you want.
If you have the skills and can get the job done, join us and work from anywhere you want!
What's unique about this job?
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll be working with a great group of technologists interested in finding the right database to use, the right technology for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. We are looking for individuals who can design and solve any data problems using different types of databases and technologies supported within our team. We use MPP databases to analyze billions of rows in seconds. We use Spark and Iceberg, batch or streaming to process whatever the data needs are. We also use Trino to connect all different types of data without moving them around.\n
Here are some of the exciting day-to-day challenges you will face in this role:
- Implement ETL/ELT processes using various tools and programming languages (Scala, Python) against our MPP databases StarRocks, Vertica and Snowflake
- Work with the Hadoop team and optimize Hive and Iceberg tables
- Contribute to the existing Data Lake and Data Warehouse imitative using Hive, Spark, Iceberg, Presto/Trino
- Analyze business requirements, design and implement required data models
You will shine if you have these:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or in related field
- 1+ years of experience with MPP databases such as StarRocks, Vertica, Snowflake
- 3+ years of experience with RDBMS databases such as Oracle, MSSQL or PostgreSQL
- Programming background with Scala, Python, Java or C/C++
- Strong in any of the Linux distributions, RHEL,CentOS or Fedora
- Experience working in both OLAP and OLTP environments
- Experience working on-prem, not just cloud environments
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience with Elasticsearch or ELK stack
- Working knowledge of streaming technologies such as Kafka
- Working knowledge of orchestration tools such Oozie and Airflow
- Experience with Spark. PySpark, SparkSQL, Spark Streaming, etc…
- Experience using ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend and/or Pentaho
- Understanding of Healthcare data
- Data Analyst or Business Intelligence would be a plus
Here are some of the perks we offer you:
- Salary in USD
- Flexible schedule (within US Time zones)
- 100% Remote
Hey, you are still here!
So, let us ask a few questions. Do you like working in a friendly environment? Are you fluent in English? Do you have a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented and have an ownership mentality? And most importantly do you love music and puppies? If so, then what are you waiting for? Come join our team and become part of this awesome company! We will be expecting you.
Please mention the word **PRIDE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok