Posted 31 Jan 2024, 2:00 pm
Senior Technical Writer at Motive
About the Role:
As a Motive Senior Technical Documentation Writer, you will be responsible for editing and maintaining the quality of articles produced by writers. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to collect major product launch information and manage the smooth flow from finalizing the list of articles, assigning articles to writers, proofreading, and having them published on the Help Center. You will also contribute to the continuous improvement of internal knowledge management processes, as well as provide valued input on improving the customer experience of the Help Center and Support. You will act As a liaison between project managers and writers to assign tickets, negotiate deadlines, and intervene where required. You will also support the manager on different team projects and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain quality: Proofread articles curated by writers, provide feedback, and audit the Help Center support articles on https://helpcenter.gomotive.com/hc/en-us for further improvements.
- Manage team’s workload of tickets and other projects.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering for major product launches.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with training and development teams to have articles published on time for new products and features
- Develop SOPs/ guidelines in collaboration with the manager to keep the team updated with changing processes and requirements
- Train team on new processes, SOPs, and guidelines to ensure a smooth transition.
- Maintain a writer scorecard for every writer and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Keep the manager updated with the continuous improvement of the team’s performance.
- Provide valued input on improving the customer experience of the Help Center and Support.
- Perform data analysis to analyze trends and patterns of user traffic on the Help Center.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all-around consistency in Support articles to maintain quality standards (style, fonts, images, and tone) and generate Quality Reports to report issues and fixes in the articles.
- Research industry best practices and tools, and implement them to produce high-quality Support content.
- Own initiatives from start to finish that impact the customer experience at the Help Center
What We're Looking For:
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years as a Technical Writer, Documentation Writer, Content Writer, or similar role-writing customer-facing product documentation
- They have proven work experience of at least 1 year as Senior Technical Writer, Senior Documentation Writer, Senior Content Writer, or similar role leading a team.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English (Portfolio of published articles required)
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. Zendesk, WordPress, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience adhering to a Style Guide / Content Standard when writing documentation
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Familiarity with SaaS and/or Hardware products
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ability to negotiate and manage projects
- Ability to inspire and encourage others for continuous improvement
- Willing to accept feedback on writing from peers
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with an innovative and hard-working team
Please mention the word **ILLUMINATE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok