Posted 31 Jan 2024, 10:00 pm
Cloud Security Engineer at Whatnot
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining (and raising) the security bar across our production cloud environments
- Design end to end software features and systems for Cloud Security Baseline Measurement, Cloud IAM, hybrid public-private cloud infra, and related cloud security tooling
- Operate vulnerability discovery tools for operating systems, containers, and software libraries
- Remediate and validate security issues across cloud infrastructure
- Build, deploy, and manage production security tools and services to monitor networks, endpoints, and cloud workloads
- Design and operate scalable processes to provision cloud access and maintain least-privilege
- Leverage your expertise in systems, network, and cloud security to troubleshoot production services
- Maintain a reliable and low-touch infrastructure using technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, and immutable images
- Design and develop new systems to empower fast data-driven decisions
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next Cloud Security Engineer you should have a minimum of 6+ years experience in public cloud infrastructure security at scale, plus:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience with AWS cloud provider
- Experience as a security engineer, software engineer, site reliability engineer, or security consultant
- Detailed understanding of cloud and network security
- Fluency in one or more programming or scripting languages
- Understanding of modern cloud technology components and deployment patterns: virtual machines, containers, Kubernetes, serverless, infrastructure as code, etc
For US-based applicants: $178,000/year to $235,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Flexible Time off Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Work From Home Support
- $1,000 home office setup allowance
- $150 monthly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- $500 monthly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Retirement; 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts in the US (employer match up to 4% of base salary) and Pension plans internationally
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.
Please mention the word **GLORIOUS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok