Posted 30 Jan 2024, 6:00 am
Social Media Evaluator ; English Pakistan at Appen Crowd
Appen, a global AI leader, stands at the forefront with a network of over a million skilled contractors spanning 130 countries. We leverage cutting-edge AI-driven data annotation techniques to enhance AI systems for major tech companies and various industries. Our core values include a commitment to ethical AI and fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Our project, Detecting Lies on Social Media, is all about getting people like you involved in finding and researching fake information online. We want to focus on things that happened recently and could cause some real problems if people believe them.
How We Do It:
- Check the Facts: We want you to compare what's said in social media posts with reliable information to see if it's true.
- Keep Up with What's Happening:
- Use Trending Maps: Check maps that show what's popular to guide your searches.
- Watch for Repeat Liars: Find and keep an eye on people or places that often share fake stuff.
- Try Different Ways: Look at other sources and try different methods to find out what's not true.
- What We're Looking For:
For a post to be worth checking, it must:
- Come from social media and be recent (within the last 7 or 14 days).
- Be about something that could seriously fool people, not just little mistakes.
- Not be just someone's opinion, a joke, or a fight between businesses.
What You Need to Show:
- Make sure it doesn't have any made-up info, missing details, or fake pictures.
- Check it's from the last week or two and has at least 15 shares or comments (or 100 views if it's a video).
- Make sure you haven't sent us the same thing before.
- Share the link to the post.
- Give us a link to proof, like a fact-checking site.
- Summarize what the post is saying and how you checked it.
How to Find Stuff to Check:
- Use Google to find out what people are talking about.
- Look at the news on Google to see what's going on.
- Try different searches and look for what's popular.
- Check social media for pages that often share things that aren't true, especially if they're talking about hot topics.
- Must be currently located in Pakistan
- Be fluent and proficient in English
- Must be able to provide your valid social media profile
- Must have an educational degree
By joining in, you're helping make social media a more honest and reliable place. Together, we can stop the spread of lies online!\n
Please mention the word **BROTHERLY** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok