Posted 30 Jan 2024, 6:00 am
Veterinary Pathology Intern at Dyne Therapeutics
There will be two activities that the intern will be involved in:
The intern will review data from cynomolgus monkey toxicology studies completed by Dyne and tabulate findings across studies producing a slide deck that catalogs the similarities and differences between studies. The objective is to identify findings that are common across studies as well as those that are unique to a given therapeutic. They will review scanned histology slide images from these studies using the Patholytix histology slide image system as well as study reports and data sets.
The intern will become familiar with cynomolgus monkey tissue histology, background lesions as well as findings associated with biologics and oligonucleotides. They will also become familiar with the use of digital pathology to evaluate histology slides, which is becoming an industry standard practice. They will learn how both clinical and anatomic pathology data is interpreted and summarized in the context of human risk assessment of a novel therapeutic.
The second objective will be focused on evaluating the effect of a novel Dyne therapeutic in a mouse pharmacology model. They will use histologic, histochemical, immunohistochemical and or biochemical methods to assess the impact on tissue and track the distribution of the therapeutic in tissue. They will participate in the conduct of a short-term rodent study including the collection of tissue and processing to achieve these objectives.
The intern will gain experience in the conduct of an animal study, the collection and processing of tissues for histologic and biochemical evaluation, and methods for histologic and biochemical evaluation of tissue.
The intern will work with Dyne pathology, histology, and animal pharmacology staff. The intern will be expected to summarize their findings from both activities in a slide deck and / or poster and make an oral presentation to Dyne colleagues.
This role is based in Waltham, MA without the possibility of being a remote role. Applicants must be able to relocate to the area. This role will be for an 8 to12 week period in May to August 2024
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review digital histology slides and study data to identify and tabulate similarities and differences between cynomolgus monkey toxicology studies.
- Perform tissue processing, staining and evaluation of microscopic alterations in tissues from a mouse pharmacology study.
- Summarize and present data to Dyne colleagues.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Must have completed undergraduate training and be enrolled in a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree program with 2 years completed.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an interest in pathology as a possible career through their involvement in pathology related activities and / or participation in the pathology club associated with their institution.
- Applicants in the 4th year of their veterinary medicine degree curriculum as well as in a veterinary pathology residency will also be considered.
- A cover letter describing the applicant’s interest in pathology and curriculum vitae is required at time of application.
Please mention the word **AMUSING** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok