Posted 30 Jan 2024, 8:00 am
Community Growth Lead at Aztec
We’re looking for a Community Manager with a deep interest in building a passionate and loyal fanbase around web3 privacy. You must be web3 native and have familiarity with the latest and greatest crypto projects and their communities. You should be energized to activate the Aztec community of privacy-first developers, and the users who will benefit from what they build.
The Aztec Labs team and tech are widely respected across the industry. You will lead efforts to build our community from the ground up, making this a high-impact role both within Aztec Labs and in the broader Ethereum, crypto, and zero-knowledge communities.
You’ll be very hands-on leveraging Discord, your own Twitter presence, and potentially other platforms to find and engage privacy degens and newbies alike.
You will help onboard and manage an external team of community moderators, advocates, and other contractors.
You should be a people person who loves writing, memes, games, traditions, and creating connections online and in person. You will be the Aztec subject-matter expert on community development, and have broad autonomy to execute your mandate. You should still be able to collaborate well cross-functionally within the Aztec Labs team as well.
This is a senior role reporting to the Head of Growth with access to–and support from–the Head of Ecosystem, Head of Product, CEO, Creative Director, and Marketing Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Relentless outreach to users across Aztec’s community, both digitally and in person
- Managing Aztec’s general community channels (e.g., Discord)
- Ideating and executing creative experiments with the goal of growing Aztec’s community
- Constructing rewarding, engaging systems for community retention
- Hosting Aztec’s community calls and synthesizing community updates from our engineering team
Your time will roughly be allocated:
- 40% operationalizing community: security, education, and community management
- 20% outreach and relationship building
- 20% community content production in collaboration with the marketing, ecosystem, and developer relations teams
- 10% developing and reporting on community growth and engagement metrics of success
- 10% traveling to major web3 conferences to engage with our community IRL
- 4+ years of experience however, there is no degree requirement and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Human-first: obsessed with meeting and building relationships with Aztec’s community,
- Embedded within crypto culture, including deep familiarity with crypto Twitter’s “main characters”
- Passion for privacy, self-sovereignty, and cypherpunk ideals
- Unhealthy obsession with crypto and web3, proficient in speaking the language
- Highly responsive on platforms used by our community and core team (e.g., Discord, Slack, Telegram, etc.)
- Open Twitter DMs
- Terminally online
- Experience building web3 communities with clear KPIs
- Technical background of any kind
- Existing Twitter audience of 10K+ organic followers
Please mention the word **ABUNDANT** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok