Posted 30 Jan 2024, 10:00 am
Senior Front End Engineer at Ethos Life
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the user interfaces and experiences that our customers interact with. You’ll work closely with our designers to build beautiful user interfaces for our web app on all screen formats. We make the most of modern tools like React, ES6, SASS, and more. You will also be responsible for architecting and developing our core front-end infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our designers to iterate and implement on design concepts
- Architect and build our client-side infrastructure
- Work with full stack/backend engineers to ship features
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable front-end libraries and abstractions
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
- Mentor junior developers
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-8+ years of full time engineering experience
- Extensive experience with modern client-side JS libraries and tooling, such as React
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with server-side technology, such as Node.js, Rails, Django, etc.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, production environment web apps
- Experience with client-side performance and optimization
- Demonstrate design, UX sensibility, and attention to detail
- Understanding of web security, common attacks and defenses
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup, such as Webpack
- Experience architecting web analytics and A/B testing systems
- Solid CS fundamentals
- Preference for someone based in the Bay Area, CA
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 - $201,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Please mention the word **JUBILIANT** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMDAuMjMx). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok