Posted 29 Jan 2024, 8:00 pm
Help Desk Technician I at CampusWorks, Inc.
Reporting to the Director of Service Desk, the IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for delivering first-tier technical support for software, hardware, policy, classroom technology, printing, and network-related issues to students, faculty, staff, and members of the campus community, and students on campus. This role requires effective communication of technical and non-technical solutions in a friendly and professional manner, providing initial diagnostic and troubleshooting assistance over the phone, online, or in person. Additional responsibilities include phone handling, coordinating with relevant departments, and other assigned duties.
Shifts: Sunday - Thursday, 12AM – 9AM CST
Tuesday - Saturday, 12AM – 9AM CST
Wednesday - Sunday, 9AM - 6PM EST\n
- Serve as the primary point of contact for students, faculty, and staff at any ITS Help Desk, providing Tier 1 support for technology-related issues.
- Assist students with the utilization of the student print management system.
- Troubleshoot and repair supported laptop computers and peripherals for students. Escalate complex issues when necessary.
- Assist faculty and staff with the troubleshooting and repair of laptop/desktop computers and related peripherals. Escalate complex issues when necessary.
- Resolve technology-related difficulties experienced by faculty, staff, and students in classrooms, Smart Carts, and other media equipment.
- Accurately input and assign issues into the ITS ticket tracking system.
- Collaborate with ITS staff to resolve and manage tickets in the ITS ticket tracking system.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as determined by the Director of Service Desk and/or the Managing Director, MS.
- Serve as a technical resource, troubleshooting and assisting users in resolving basic hardware and software issues.
- Exhibit professional phone etiquette when interacting with users.
- Evaluate and prioritize service requests in alignment with department standards.
- Clearly document problems in writing, using concise language.
- Acquire knowledge of the organization, operations, policies, and objectives of the institution.
- Familiarize oneself with the policies and objectives of the assigned program and activities.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals, both orally and in writing.
- Foster cooperative and productive relationships with colleagues.
- Maintain records and generate reports as required.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
- Excel at providing customer service that delights the customer.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies with two years of progressively responsible experience in a computing environment.
- Proficient with Jira, Google Suite applications, and Duo Multifactor Authentication.
- One to two years of professional experience in supporting personal computer hardware, software, peripherals, servers, printers, scanners, and classroom audiovisual technology.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting desktop and mobile operating systems.
- Competence in supporting processor-based personal computers, Microsoft Windows and Office, Apple products, and various application software.
What You Can Expect from Us
At CampusWorks, we don't just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits for full-time employees, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career.
Our employees enjoy:
Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of students and educators. CampusWorks Inc., as a large consulting firm, provides its employees with an opportunity to work both onsite and remotely with our clients across the United States and in Canada. With the nature of our clients’ work evolving quickly, we’re all being asked to support larger CampusWorks initiatives. Upon joining CampusWorks in a consulting role, your talent and expertise may be applied to a range of projects, assignments, and clients.
A CEO who cares. Chairman and CEO Liz Murphy has made it her mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels like being a member of a big family.
A virtual and onsite workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such, our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they work from their home offices and at client sites.
Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy customers. That's why CampusWorks offers both full-time and part-time 1099 consulting career opportunities to fit life's unique demands.
A company that gives back. Every year CampusWorks proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our vision to make higher education accessible to everyone.
At CampusWorks, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives each CampusWorker (we call ourselves CampusWorkers) brings to our workplace each day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you are passionate about higher education and creating Happy Campuses, let's talk! If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Founded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher education overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. We work with community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the institution—from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to Academics—to achieve transformative results.
Want to learn more about life at CampusWorks? Visit https://www.campusworksinc.com/about/ to see how we empower Higher Education to reach its full potential
Friendly Note to External Agencies:
At CampusWorks, we kindly request that you please refrain from submitting blind submissions or resumes/CVs on behalf of recruitment agencies. To ensure a smooth and effective collaboration, we would like to inform you that any candidates sent to us without a signed agreement in place will regrettably not be accepted or considered as a submission.
CampusWorks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Actions (AA) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Notice to all Applicants:
Please click on the links below for more information on these important topics:
Please mention the word **ENJOYMENT** and tag RNTIuODguMjQ2LjI1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTIuODguMjQ2LjI1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok