Posted 29 Jan 2024, 11:00 pm
Senior Product Designer at Thistle
Thistle was founded in 2013 with a mission to make it easy to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, ready-to-eat plant-forward meals, snacks, and cold press juices to our customers’ doorsteps to empower our customers to improve personal and planetary health by eating more plants. To date we’ve delivered over 20 million nourishing meals to customers across the West and East Coast and we’re just getting started! The San Francisco Business Times named us one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area in 2023, and Inc. awarded us Best in Business in 2022 among companies that “go above and beyond” in both food and sustainability sectors.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to design experiences that simply, elegantly, and delightfully solve our customers’ needs. The Senior Product Designer will report directly to our Chief Product Officer.
When applying for this role, please provide a link to your portfolio featuring examples of your product design work and thinking. Don’t forget to include any passwords needed to access your portfolio!\n
What you'll do:
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with customers, and understand business objectives to create compelling and effective product experiences.
- Develop user-centered design solutions based on research, member insights, and industry best-practices.
- Partner with product to help define and execute research initiatives to guide the direction of your design work as well as inform business strategy.
- Present design concepts and clearly communicate design intent through design specs and presentation documents.
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions. Lead cross-functional design brainstorms at early stages to drive towards effective and feasible approaches.
- Design flows and experiences that are intuitive, clear, and elegant.
- Create information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and screen flows.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years relevant experience in user experience design in a product-driven company.
- Experience designing for both web and mobile apps. Familiarity with unique technical and usability constraints when designing for desktop and mobile.
- Experience effectively collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of product managers, designers, researchers, engineers, and content strategists throughout the design process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the conception and prototyping of brand new products as well as feature enhancements, all with a user-centered design process.
- Experience participating in planning and executing user research projects.
- Strong ability to communicate in writing to concisely share insights and effectively lay out a case for a course of action.
We are mission-driven and share a growth mindset. We let our values guide the way we approach crafting our healthy products, solving problems, and working collaboratively together. As a Thistler, you'll help transform the health of people and the planet by living our core values every day.
Be Human: We’re always willing to learn and aim to empower the people around us.
Think Bigger: We’re here to do more today than we did yesterday, and we figure it out together.
Build the Future: We tackle every day with the positive attitude of someone who can see the future and knows how bright it is.
Make a Lot with a Little: We get creative and look for ways our resources can take us as far as possible.
Lead with Purpose: We use our mission to guide our decisions and give our work meaning.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention the word **DILIGENT** and tag RNTIuODguMjQ2LjI1 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTIuODguMjQ2LjI1). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok