Posted 28 Jan 2024, 10:00 am
Support Specialist Telecom Customer Care & Billing Software at National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC)
Please note: full remote work for this team is taken under consideration for applicants coming in with prior Telecom Co-op Industry experience and/or NISC software experience. Applicants from outside the Cooperative Industry or without a good understanding and baseline knowledge of NISC software will need to be local to the Mandan, North Dakota, office and able to work on-site during the week to maximize training and learning. A hybrid office/work-from-home schedule is a possibility in these instances after training. The work schedule will be discussed during the interview process.
We will not be able to consider candidates for a fully remote position without the requirements above being met.
Would you like to build a career with a company with a focus on building relationships and challenging you to grow in your career? NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fourteen consecutive years and we are looking for a qualified individual to join our Telecom Support team. Become part of a team that is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and technical support while supporting NISC Member/Customers in their use of NISC’s applications. This highly motivated person will assist customers in all aspects of application support including troubleshooting, training, and on-going support.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Assist customers in all aspects of application support including troubleshooting, training, and on-going support.
- Prepare Change Requests (CRs) and follow-up to resolution.
- Perform research of difficult application problems, resolves issues for Member/Customers who are using and recommends changes or enhancements as directed.
- Facilitate and follow up with Member/Customers on difficult requests and procedures.
- Assist with mass communications to Member/Customers.
- Assist with software release process.
- Gather, maintains and audits Member information in the configuration database.
- Utilize all support tools as directed.
- Convey customer feedback to product development staff as appropriate.
- Perform on-site training or deliver remote application training to Member/Customers via Web Tools.
- Provide after hours support.
- May develop and deliver training to co-workers as assigned.
- May prepare materials and deliver National IT Learning Center classes.
- May prepare materials and deliver Member information Conference (MIC) sessions.
- May be called upon to assist in other support areas.
- May be called upon to participate on design teams regarding application enhancements.
- May be called upon to participate in testing of new product development or enhancements.
- May be required to travel to customer sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Experience
- Generally requires 3-5 years of product usage or support experience either at NISC or similar related experience.
- Basic knowledge of NISC's products’ features and functionality.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic knowledge of Service Level Management (SLM) best practices.
- Basic knowledge of the Utility or Telecom industry a plus.
- Familiarity with other integrated applications and services.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and teach others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Please mention the word **INVINCIBILITY** and tag RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok