Posted 16 Jan 2024, 6:54 pm
Chief Compliance Officer at BitPay
BitPay is in search of a motivated Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) to contribute significantly to our team. As a key member of the executive team, the successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and handle vital aspects of our company, including risk management, licensing matters, governance as well as supervising our BSA/AML compliance program and regulatory relationships. Your expertise in this exciting journey can have a meaningful impact on our organization's success and growth!
- Supervises the global BSA/AML, sanctions, and transaction monitoring compliance team and program, ensuring adherence to regulatory standards and best practices
- Responsible for national and global licensing acquisition and maintenance
- Responsible for overseeing compliance onboarding functions and working closely with cross departmental teams including sales, customer success and finance.
- Provides comprehensive compliance and risk advice to the executive team and board of directors, ensuring alignment with the company's strategic objectives
- Responsibility for internal legal management as well as external legal engagement and management
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with domestic money transmitter/virtual asset licenses, be the point person for regulation / licensing matters, and assist with new license applications; manage global internal/external resources in license expansion efforts, work with Finance to ensure MTL reporting is performed in a timely and compliant manner as per regulatory requirements
- Drive compliance and risk training initiatives for stakeholders and employees, fostering a culture of awareness and adherence to established policies
- Proactively implement and maintain pertinent compliance policies and procedures, staying ahead of regulatory changes and industry trends
- Educate key management on potential impact of relevant and upcoming changes in licensing, and regulatory requirements
- Play a key role in the development of disclosures and procedures that meet regulatory requirements for the introduction of new products and services
- Coordinate and oversee internal audits and regulatory inquiries, ensuring transparency and cooperation in compliance matters.
- Review external compliance audits / assessments and ensure timely remediations as per findings, serve as a lead to coordinate involvement of different leaders as needed, report on the findings and remediations to stakeholders
- Update compliance policies and procedures to include risk assessments of new products, as needed, and be a change agent driving required changes in process / policiesRegularly report to the Enterprise Risk Committee and the Board of Directors, providing comprehensive insights into compliance and risk-related issues
- Additionally, the Chief Compliance Officer will be expected to take on other duties as assigned, contributing to the success of the organization
- A minimum of 10 years of broad risk and compliance experience, demonstrating proficiency in regulatory compliance with Money Services Businesses, preferably a FinTech company
- A minimum of 5 years of people leadership experience managing and developing corporate compliance (specifically transaction monitoring, BSA/ AML compliance) and risk management teams and programs
- CAMS Required. CGSS and CRCM strongly preferred
- Experience dealing with local regulators and agencies, including Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”), and more.
- Working knowledge of travel rule in US and EU, sanctions rules from OFAC, and consumer protection rules under the CFPB
- Experience working with NYDFS / involved in BitLicense process, along with significant experience with NYDFS’s Part 504
- Experience with consumer and business (merchant) compliance regulations and processes
- Preferred experience in banking, MSB (Money Services Business), cryptocurrency or global payments firms
- Proven ability to advise senior leaders on corporate communications, budgets, and risk management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ensuring effective communication at all levels of the organization
- A servant leadership mindset, demonstrating a commitment to the success and growth of the team
- The ability to cultivate relationships with regulators, stakeholders and clients across diverse levels and departments
- Comfort and adaptability in a fast-paced, performance-driven culture
- Experience within the crypto or fintech industry is a definite advantage, emphasizing your understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities within this evolving sector.
- Located in the Southeastern region of the U.S., and able to travel to the Atlanta, GA area for occasional meetings.
Please mention the word **READILY** and tag RMzUuMjQ3LjExMC4xNDA= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjQ3LjExMC4xNDA=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok