Posted 10 Jan 2024, 6:11 pm
Rust Engineer at Edge and Node
The Graph-Node Engineering team is focused on building and maintaining core software components that make The Graph work. We are especially focused on graph-node, an Open Source Rust project that provides the core indexing capabilities of The Graph.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated software engineer who can help us develop and implement optimizations for The Graph’s Hosted Service and our graph-node codebase. This role requires a deep understanding of Rust, familiarity with developing open source software, and ideally prior infrastructure and database experience. All subgraphs published in The Graph ecosystem and every query against our Hosted Service indexes rely on graph-node software, so the care and maintenance of this codebase is critical.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working closely with both operations and development engineers to understand where improvements to our codebase are needed
- Participating in design meetings with engineers from external core development teams and review their PRs as needed
- Designing, engineering, and implementing a number of high priority improvements for The Graph’s Hosted Service platform
- Analyzing requirements for already specified initiatives, develop novel solutions for new issues, and translate them into feature designs
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code in Rust
- Writing both unit and integration tests, and helping to develop automation tooling for repeated tasks
What We Expect
- Demonstrated experience in and deep understanding of Rust required; additional experience with Assemblyscript/Typescript preferred
- Familiarity with open source software development process
- A solid understanding of software design patterns, and how to build components that are reusable, extensible, and modular
- Some understanding or awareness of blockchain or distributed technology preferred
- Participation in rotating on-call duty during working hours required
- Experience with ops and infrastructure (e.g., testing, tooling) and Postgres databases strongly preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively asynchronously with a multinational team spanning numerous time zones
Please mention the word **DIVINE** and tag RMzQuMTA1LjExMi4xMDE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTA1LjExMi4xMDE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok