Posted 10 Jan 2024, 6:11 pm
VP of Operations at Hedera Hashgraph
Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network that’s fast, environmentally sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world.
Hedera is governed by a diverse group of world-leading institutions distributed across six continents, representing multiple industries, including technology, banking, financial services, web3, education, legal services, gaming, aerospace, and manufacturing. The vision for the Hedera network is to support a trusted, empowered, and decentralized digital future for everyone; cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information. Hedera brings together some of the best minds in the industry.
We are proud of our high-quality culture and dedicated to values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork. We are looking for hard-working, talented, and collegial people to help achieve this vision. Join us and say, "Hello future."
About the VP of Operations role:
As we continue to decentralize our network and operations, Hedera is looking for a VP of Operations to lead operational tasks and initiatives. The VP of Operations will report to the Hedera President and coordinate with the organization’s Officers, Board of Directors, and outsourcing partners, to drive day-to-day operations, improvement initiatives, and the implementation of the Governing Council’s strategic plans. The VP of Operations should be exceptionally well organized, proficient in project management operations, an excellent communicator,and able to bridge strategic thinking with execution.
- Build relationships with all employees and partners to increase the efficiency and responsiveness of existing operations, define new operational strategies, and work with Officers on special projects
- Support Council Members, Officers, and partners with decision-making analysis, prioritization, program management, and initiative implementation to maximize value, impact, and strategic alignment
- Contribute to operational objectives and key results (OKRs) and how to measure organizational performance; track and report on progress against objectives and key results
- Review, design, and execute organizational operating structure and operating norms improvements; find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
- Improve current processes, and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Run human resources function, including new hire documentation and onboarding, and collaborate to address employee concerns
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and Council Members
- Oversee the organization’s marketing partnerships and service providers to ensure excellence, efficiency, and compliance with Council Member strategic plans and policies.
- Oversee the organization’s handling of inquiries about Hedera technology and/or implementations, and developing action plans to address opportunities for improvement as public interest in the network grows.
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Must be a builder – of teams, processes, systems, and culture
- Experience in managing operations or projects, serving as VP of Operations or senior operations role
- Results oriented - ability to think strategically and act tactically to connect goals with action and execution
- Experience facilitating meetings and information sharing in a start-up
- Ability to determine key performance indicators and how to measure team performance
- Experience initiating and leading organizational change management
- Fluent in collecting quantitative and qualitative data, analyzing inputs, extracting information, and summarizing key findings
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Superb attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
Skills and Qualities Preferred:
- Served as a trusted advisor and brainstorming partner to executive(s)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with executive team members (C-suite level individuals) in an operations role to determine and prioritize business strategies and, when appropriate, delegate work assignments
- Strong financial analysis and budget planning experience and skills, including outsourcing/contract management
- Experience in a technology organization and DLT market understanding
- Demonstrable emotional intelligence, strong collaborative skills, and ability to be hands-on; excellent relationship-building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to credibly represent Hedera
Education: Minimum BS/BA and 8+ years of work experience.
Location: Remote, willing to travel as needed.
Please mention the word **ELATEDLY** and tag RMzQuMTA1LjExMi4xMDE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTA1LjExMi4xMDE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok